Auditions are typically held in August and November each year.
If you have any questions about theatre production auditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2021 Auditions
Fall 2021 Production Auditions will take place in Rowand-Johnson Hall on August 18 at 6:00 p.m. All auditionees must fill out a production audition form to receive an audition number. Audition numbers will be based upon submission order of the production audition form. Access the production audition form and more information about auditions at the link below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who may audition?
Departmental productions are open to anyone who wishes to attend.
How do I audition?
Specific information about each season’s auditions will be posted to the semester production audition page. Please follow all instructions regarding acceptance of roles, physical/cosmetic changes, costume fittings, etc.
The procedure for auditioning is as follows:
- Complete the online audition form. This form typically opens about a week before auditions start. You may only submit one form — all subsequent submissions will be discarded. You will be assigned an audition number based on when you complete the form. All auditions will take place on August 18th beginning at 6:00 p.m. Callbacks will be held on August 19th and 20th. Please see the semester production audition page for more details.
- Audition material should be no longer than 60 seconds (90 seconds including a slate). This can include 16 bars of a song and a monologue, two contrasting monologues, or a single monologue. Auditions that exceed the 60 second time limit will be stopped at time. Directors have requested:
- Pippin: A contemporary monologue and song in the style of the show
- Pipeline: A contemporary monologue
- The Colored Museum: A monologue in the style of the show
How do I know if I’ve been cast?
Cast lists will be posted on the callboards outside of 105 Rowand-Johnson Hall, as well as emailed to those cast on callback day. Casting information is not provided online.
What if I am studying abroad during general auditions?
No conflicts for this project will be accepted, unless cleared directly via email with the director.
For queries, please contact email@example.com.