Who may audition?
Departmental productions are open to anyone who wishes to attend.
How do I audition?
The procedure for auditioning is as follows:
- The online audition form will open November 12 at 12 PM and close Monday, November 19 at 12 PM. You may only submit one form – all subsequent submissions will be discarded. You will be assigned an audition number based on when you complete the form. Please be certain you are available any time between 6:30 and 10:00 on the day you select.
- You will attach a headshot and resume to this form. Please be prepared to provide these documents while you complete this form.
- On the night of your audition, check in with the stage manager on-site in RJ 141, between 15 and 30 minutes prior to your audition time. Those arriving earlier will be asked to come back.
- Come dressed appropriately for an audition – whatever that means to you.
- Prepare a 90-second monologue or a 60-second monologue and 16 bars of a song (not from The Drowsy Chaperone). Your slate is not included in your time.
- You will be provided a single chair and an accompanist (if necessary). Materials should be memorized.
- Auditions will take place in Marian Gallaway Theatre. Please note that check-in, however, is in RJ 141.
When are auditions?
Auditions will take place on the following days:
- Monday, November 26 between 6:30PM and 10PM (as assigned)
- Tuesday, November 27 between 6:30PM and 10PM (as assigned)
Callbacks will take place on the following days:
- Wednesday, November 28 from 6:00-10:00PM
- Thursday, November 29 from 6:00-10:00PM
Callback lists are planned to be emailed and posted on the callboards outside of 105 Rowand-Johnson Hall following the conclusion of each night of auditions (Monday and Tuesday).
How do I know if I’ve been cast?
Cast lists will be posted on the callboards outside of 105 Rowand-Johnson Hall, as well as emailed to those cast on Friday, November 30. Casting information is not provided online. Please follow all instructions regarding acceptance of roles, physical/cosmetic changes, costume fittings, etc.
What if I am studying abroad during general auditions?
In the event that a person wanting to audition is studying abroad during general auditions, they will be allowed to submit a link to their audition video (YouTube or Vimeo only) in the audition form at the time of submission.
The following productions will be cast:
- Bakkhai (Allen Bales Theatre)
- Rehearsals: Tuesday, January 8 – Sunday, February 10, followed by the week of performances.
- The Drowsy Chaperone (Marian Gallaway Theatre)
Rehearsals: Sunday, December 9, Tuesday & Wednesday, December 11 & 12, January 7 – February 17, followed by a week of performances. This production will then tour to Montgomery for a performance. Production be completed on February 27.
- Please note that the role of “Man in Chair” has already been cast and will not be reconsidered during auditions.
- Gnit (Allen Bales Theatre)
- Rehearsals: Monday, February 18 – Sunday, April 7, followed by the week of performances.
- Sense and Sensibility (Marian Gallaway Theatre)
- Rehearsals: Sunday, February 17 – Monday, April 15, followed by the week of performances.
Rehearsal generally run Sunday-Friday, 6PM to 10PM.
As well as the following other opportunities:
- Fried Green Tomatoes – A Staged Reading. Casting actors to perform in a staged reading of Fried Green Tomatoes’ screenplay. Directed by Kelley Schoger. The reading will take place in late March or early April 2019.
- Graduate Directing Scenes. Must be available on Monday or Wednesday, 2:00 PM – 3:15 PM.
- Senior Showcase. Senior Showcase will take place over Spring Break.
For queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a graduate student, please fill this form.
If you would like to audition on Monday, November 26, please fill this form.
If you would like to audition on Tuesday, November 27, please fill this form.
If you are studying abroad and cannot attend any of the audition days, please fill this form.