Who may audition?
Departmental productions are open to anyone who wishes to attend.
How do I audition?
The procedure for auditioning is as follows:
- The online audition form will open November 12 at 12 PM and close Monday, November 19 at 12 PM. You may only submit one form – all subsequent submissions will be discarded. You will be assigned an audition number based on when you complete the form. Please be certain you are available any time between 6:30 and 10:00 on the day you select.
- You will attach a headshot and resume to this form. Please be prepared to provide these documents while you complete this form.
- On the night of your audition, check in with the stage manager on-site in RJ 141, between 15 and 30 minutes prior to your audition time. Those arriving earlier will be asked to come back.
- Come dressed appropriately for an audition – whatever that means to you.
- Prepare a 90-second monologue or a 60-second monologue and 16 bars of a song (not from The Drowsy Chaperone). Your slate is not included in your time.
- You will be provided a single chair and an accompanist (if necessary). Materials should be memorized.
- Auditions will take place in Marian Gallaway Theatre. Please note that check-in, however, is in RJ 141.
When are auditions?
Auditions will take place on the following days:
- Monday, November 26 between 6:30PM and 10PM (as assigned)
- Tuesday, November 27 between 6:30PM and 10PM (as assigned)
Callbacks will take place on the following days:
- Wednesday, November 28 from 6:00-10:00PM
- Thursday, November 29 from 6:00-10:00PM
Callback lists are planned to be emailed and posted on the callboards outside of 105 Rowand-Johnson Hall following the conclusion of each night of auditions (Monday and Tuesday).
Below are the audition numbers and time slots for the auditions.
How do I know if I’ve been cast?
Cast lists will be posted on the callboards outside of 105 Rowand-Johnson Hall, as well as emailed to those cast on Friday, November 30. Casting information is not provided online. Please follow all instructions regarding acceptance of roles, physical/cosmetic changes, costume fittings, etc.
What if I am studying abroad during general auditions?
In the event that a person wanting to audition is studying abroad during general auditions, they will be allowed to submit a link to their audition video (YouTube or Vimeo only) in the audition form at the time of submission.
The following productions will be cast:
- Bakkhai (Allen Bales Theatre)
- Rehearsals: Tuesday, January 8 – Sunday, February 10, followed by the week of performances.
- The Drowsy Chaperone (Marian Gallaway Theatre)
Rehearsals: Sunday, December 9, Tuesday & Wednesday, December 11 & 12, January 7 – February 17, followed by a week of performances. This production will then tour to Montgomery for a performance. Production be completed on February 27.
- Please note that the role of “Man in Chair” has already been cast and will not be reconsidered during auditions.
- Gnit (Allen Bales Theatre)
- Rehearsals: Monday, February 18 – Sunday, April 7, followed by the week of performances.
- Sense and Sensibility (Marian Gallaway Theatre)
- Rehearsals: Sunday, February 17 – Monday, April 15, followed by the week of performances.
Rehearsal generally run Sunday-Friday, 6PM to 10PM.
As well as the following other opportunities:
- Fried Green Tomatoes – A Staged Reading. Casting actors to perform in a staged reading of Fried Green Tomatoes’ screenplay. Directed by Kelley Schoger. The reading will take place in late March or early April 2019.
- Graduate Directing Scenes. Must be available on Monday or Wednesday, 2:00 PM – 3:15 PM.
- Senior Showcase. Senior Showcase will take place over Spring Break.
Online applications for the Auditions are now closed. If you missed the applications but would like to audition, walk-up auditions will be accepted on Tuesday, November 27 at 9 PM. Please arrive no later than 8:30 PM on Tuesday at RJ 140 to fill out the form. Please make sure to carry a copy of your resume and headshot.
For queries, please contact email@example.com.