NOTE: The information on this page is also available as a printable PDF: MFA in Stage Management
To apply, please visit the UA Graduate School’s application website.
Statement of Purpose
For the statement of purpose, in three (3) pages, please include your answers to the following questions:
- Describe your background in theatre. How did it lead you to stage management?
- Describe a situation where you, as a stage manager, had to solve a crisis. What
was the crisis and how did you solve it?
- How do you approach training your assistant stage managers?
- How do you see the role of the SM team in the rehearsal room and during the run?
- How do you deal with strong personalities in rehearsal and performance?
- In what areas of stage management do you feel more comfortable?
- What areas of stage management are challenging for you?
- You should structure your answers here however you see fit, but make sure you are answering all of the questions listed.
Upload the contents of a prompt book from a full-length production where you served as the stage manager.
The production can be a play or musical, but it must be a full-length, not a one-act.
Include all documentation and paper work as well as production photos.
Candidates should also create and submit a summary of the rehearsal process and the production’s run, which will serve as a guide to the review of the prompt book.