Who may audition?
Departmental productions are open to anyone who wishes to attend.
How do I audition?
The procedure for auditioning is as follows:
- The online audition form will open August 17 at 12 PM and close Wednesday, August 21 at 12 PM. You may only submit one form – all subsequent submissions will be discarded. You will be assigned an audition number based on when you complete the form. Please be certain you are available any time between 6:30 and 10:00 on the day you select.
- You will attach a headshot and resume to this form. Please be prepared to provide these documents while you complete this form.
- On the night of your audition, check in with the stage manager on-site in RJ 141, between 15 and 30 minutes prior to your audition time. Those arriving earlier will be asked to come back.
- Come dressed appropriately for an audition – whatever that means to you.
- 3 options for the audition material include: 90 seconds for 1 song and one monologue, or 90 seconds for two monologues, or 60 seconds for one monologue. Transition time is included but your slate is not included in the allotted time.
- Please bring 6 copies of your head shot and resume.
- You will be provided a single chair and an accompanist (if necessary). Materials should be memorized.
- Auditions will take place in Marian Gallaway Theatre. Please note that check-in, however, is in RJ 141.
When are auditions?
Auditions will take place on the following days:
- Wednesday, August 21 between 6:30PM and 10PM (as assigned)
- Thursday, August 22 between 6:30PM and 10PM (as assigned)
Callbacks will take place on the following days:
- Friday, August 23 from 6:00-10:00PM
Callback lists are planned to be emailed and posted on the callboards outside of 105 Rowand-Johnson Hall following the conclusion of each night of auditions (Wednesday and Thursday).
Below are the audition numbers and time slots for the auditions.
How do I know if I’ve been cast?
Cast lists will be posted on the callboards outside of 105 Rowand-Johnson Hall, as well as emailed to those cast on Friday, August 23. Casting information is not provided online. Please follow all instructions regarding acceptance of roles, physical/cosmetic changes, costume fittings, etc.
What if I am studying abroad during general auditions?
In the event that a person wanting to audition is studying abroad during general auditions, they will be allowed to submit a link to their audition video (YouTube or Vimeo only) to Shaina Pierce at email@example.com.
The following productions will be cast:
- The River (Allen Bales Theatre)
- Rehearsals: Sunday August 25 – Sunday September 22, followed by the week of performances.
- Intimate Apparel (Marian Gallaway Theatre)
Rehearsals: Sunday, August 25- Monday, September 30, followed by a week of performances.
- The Pirates of Penzance (Allen Bales Theatre)
- Rehearsals: Monday, September 30 – Sunday, November 10, followed by the week of performances.
- The Importance of Being Earnest (Marian Gallaway Theatre)
- Rehearsals: October 7- November 18, followed by the week of performances.
Rehearsal generally run Sunday-Friday, 6PM to 10PM.
As well as the following other opportunities:
- Graduate Directing Scenes. Must be available on Monday or Wednesday, 2:00 PM – 3:15 PM.
- Senior Showcase. Senior Showcase will take place over Spring Break.
If you missed the applications but would like to audition, walk-up auditions will be accepted on Thursday, August 22 at 9 PM. Please arrive no later than 8:30 PM on Thursday at RJ 140 to fill out the form. Please make sure to carry a copy of your resume and headshot.
For queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All audition sign-up sheets are closed. If you have any questions please use the contact info above for queries.