Who may audition?
Departmental productions are open to anyone who wishes to attend.
How do I audition?
The procedure for auditioning is as follows:
- The online audition form will open August 13 at 12PM and close August 20th at 12PM. You may only submit one form – all subsequent submissions will be discarded. You will be assigned an audition number based on when you complete the form. Please be certain you are available any time between 6:30 and 10:00 on the day you select.
- You will attach a headshot and resume to this form. Please be prepared to provide these documents while you complete this form.
- On the night of your audition, check in with the stage manager on-site 30 minutes prior to your audition time.
- Come dressed appropriately for an audition – whatever that means to you.
- Prepare one, 90-second monologue or one 30-second monologue and 16 bars of a song from Little Women. Your slate is not included in your time.
- You will be provided a single chair and an accompanist (if necessary). Materials should be memorized.
When are auditions?
Auditions will take place on the following days:
- Tuesday, August 21 between 6:30PM and 10PM (as assigned)
- Wednesday, August 22 between 6:30PM and 10PM (as assigned)
Callbacks will take place on the following days:
- Thursday, August 23 from 6:00-10:00PM
- Friday, August 24 from 6:00-10:00PM
Callback lists will be emailed and posted on the callboards outside of 105 Rowand-Johnson Hall following the conclusion of each night of auditions (Tuesday and Wednesday).
How do I know if I’ve been cast?
Cast lists will be posted on the callboards outside of 105 Rowand-Johnson Hall, as well as emailed to those cast after callbacks conclude on August 24. Casting information is not provided online. Please follow all instructions regarding acceptance of roles, physical/cosmetic changes, costume fittings, etc.
The following productions will be cast:
- The Christians (Allen Bales Theatre)
- Rehearsals: Sunday, August 26-Sunday, September 23, followed by the week of performances.
- Suddenly Last Summer (Marian Gallaway Theatre)
- Rehearsals: Sunday, August 26-Monday, October 1, followed by the week of performances.
- Little Women (Allen Bales Theatre)
- Rehearsals: TBD
- The Merry Wives of Windsor (Marian Gallaway Theatre)
- Rehearsals: TBD
Rehearsal generally run Sunday-Friday, 6PM to 10PM.
As well as the following other opportunities:
- Actors in Graduate Directing Scenes. Work with the graduate directors for their in-class scene work. This will be on an “as needed” basis. Actors must be available Mondays and Wednesdays, 2-3:15PM.
- Our Tuscaloosa. Casting four actors to join the Our Tuscaloosa company. Actors perform in thee one-act plays for a multi-generational audience.
- Is My Verse Alive? – A Staged Reading. Casting three to four actors for a staged reading of a play about the life of Emily Dickinson, written by Steve Burch and directed by Annie Levy. The reading will be performed three times in different locations throughout the fall semester.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s – A Staged Reading. Casting actors to perform in a staged reading of the Breakfast at Tiffany’s screenplay. Directed by Annie Levy. The reading will take place in November 2018.
This form will open Monday, August 13 at 12pm noon.